Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am thankful... day 23

November 23: I am thankful for the most wonderful friends a girl could ask for...

Starting with my sister...

My sister and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but that doesn't mean she isn't one of the closest people to me now.  Having her friendship means the world to me and she's really something special. She is and will always be my forever friend. 

*************************************************

My brother is pretty great, too. 

From the beginning, he has been my rock. I wish he weren't 2 hours away, but I'm doing my best to get past that part. LOL. I know that I can talk to him no matter what. Sure, I say things he doesn't like to hear and I state my opinion more than I should probably. But he takes me for who I am and I love him so much. 

***********************************************
The next person on my closest and bestest list would be my cousin, Crystal. 


She has a free spirit that is admiring and a bit inspiring. I know that we would be totally inseparable if we had grown up together. There's just some kind of magic in our friendship. We may get on each other's nerves from time to time, but we accept each other... all faults and flaws... and we love each other because of them. She is the jelly to my peanut butter, the Kool-Aid to my sugar, the cheese to my double-cheeseburger (at 2am while listening to Guitar Town of course). Our friendship amazes me every day.

***************************************************

It took me years to find her, but I did. 


I never thought I would be able to just pick up where we left off and be the best of friends again... but we did. I absolutely LOVE my girl, Mary Jo. For five years I lost her. I was lucky when I clicked on her Facebook page. She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. She's an incredible friend and I know that no matter what, she's got my back. 

**************************************************

I've reconnected with my good friend, Beth, recently too. It is so nice to be able to chat about life with her. We know we can depend on each other for anything. And that kind of friendship is a beautiful thing. 

**************************************************

Another extremely important person in my life is my sweetheart, Casey Strode. This girl means more to me than she will ever know. I love the stories we've shared and the memories we've made together. She knows that nothing she can do will make me think differently of her and she knows that when times get tough, I'm still there. It makes me smile knowing how happy she is... I just love her so much. 

*************************************************

I have to mention a new old friend that I've made in the past year or two... My free spirit friend Cameron. I never knew her, truly knew her, while she was living here in Kentucky. And since she and her family moved to Southern Georgia, I'm learning so much about her. She is such a beautiful, delightful person and her gypsy soul shines through. She inspired me to start my blog and she's helped me so much along the way. And not just with this blog, but with life in general. She looks out for me, even being so far away. She lives. She really lives her life and she's happy. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone quite like her and I think she's really great. 

*************************************************

I know I have a million other really good friends that haven't been mentioned and that doesn't mean I love you any less. I value my friends so much and feel like they are a part of my family, some are my family. But I know that if we weren't actually related and we could pick our family, I would always choose them. I can only hope that all of my friends know their value and know where they stand with me. My life is good because of them. And I am so thankful for every one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so want those moments back...the ones where we didn't even know we could go do karate in the garage, haha. (you've watched StepBrothers, right? haha)

    I am thankful for you too...and, thank you for doing me this awesome kindness with these words you've written!

    Ready for a blog makeover, yet? You find a pattern and I'm on it :)

    ReplyDelete