Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am thankful... day 9

November 9: I am thankful that I can help. It might not be a big deal to stop by the grocery store and pick up a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread for your grandparents... and it might not be a big deal to try to help your sister make some posters (even though I didn't do that many)... but I am thankful that I can help in some way.

It's good to feel needed. I wish I had stayed up later and helped my sister with the rest of the posters, but I was getting grumpy. And that's just not what she needed to get the posters made. She did good on them, though.

It is never a burden to help others, especially those people you love. I get huffy sometimes when I'm tired and I'm still working on something, whether it's for myself or someone else. But after the fact, I feel bad for not doing more. I'm just thankful that they know they can depend on me to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment