Monday, November 7, 2011

I am thankful... day 7

November 7: I am thankful for peppermint hot chocolate. It winds me down from a long stressful day and eases my mind from the  many thoughts that are swirling around in there.

While sitting in the ICU waiting room at the hospital tonight, my uncle said to me "Are you okay? You look tired." Well we all know that's just another way of saying you look like crap. But you know what? I feel like crap too. There is just too much going on right not to NOT look like crap.

Like so many other family members, I am exhausted... mentally, emotionally, physically. It seems like I cannot get enough sleep. I cannot get enough done. And I cannot relax my mind.

I realized tonight that peppermint hot chocolate just might be the answer for me. It was just enough to relax me completely and I see sleep in my near future. So I am thankful that we stopped at McDonald's tonight to get that hot chocolate. I think it's doing the trick.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! Get some rest and I love you! And, when you get rested...please let me know why you are in the ICU waiting room and if there is anything I can do to help you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I played catch-up with your catch-up and now I know why you are there, and I am so sorry, my friend.

    Once upon a time, I was where you are. My grandfather had esophageal cancer that had metastasized.

    Oh, friend... I am sending you so much love right now!

    ReplyDelete