Saturday, November 26, 2011

Precious Memories

A few days ago, I sat down at the kitchen table at my grandparents' house and looked through old photos with my mom. We talked and laughed about the good ole days and we picked out photos to make copies of later. The whole time we sat there, we listened to relaxing hymns floating in from my grandfather's bedside.

I do not consider myself a very religious person, though I struggle with my Faith a lot. I don't know what I believe and I'm not sure I'm ready to go searching for it. It's easier to just listen and soak in the feeling that gospel leaves in your soul.

There are so many ways to cope with losing a loved one, but there's no clear right or wrong answer to that. How do you watch someone you love die? How can you sit by and do nothing while they slip away? Nothing makes it easier. Nothing takes the pain away. It is heartbreaking to watch my grandfather change so much every day. He finds comfort, though, in those simple hymns and I'm okay with that. Being full of Faith or not, I welcome whatever brings him peace and helps me find solace.

  
Precious memories... how they linger...

No comments:

Post a Comment