Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am thankful... day 19

November 19: I am thankful for time. I am cherishing every moment I get to spend with my family, especially my grandparents.

Tonight was my grandmother's 83rd birthday. We shared dinner, laughter, and really good memories with each other. Mom baked a delicious ham and then a cake with homemade caramel frosting. It was so good. You really don't get anything better than that!



(Mammaw blowing out her candles and patiently waiting for someone to cut into her cake)


(Several of us sat down with a couple of coloring books and a box of crayons for some therapy... color therapy)

After dinner and the cake, my sister and I pampered my grandmother with a manicure and a pedicure, complete with massage (AWESOME idea mom!!!). I packed up a ton of things and my sister put together a mobile spa in the hallway of her home. She had arranged all the foot and hand care items on the table beside her chair and even lit a soothing eucalyptus spearmint candle. I played some relaxing melodies on my phone to "set the mood". It wasn't quite the spa we're used to when we're going all out, but it was great that we could bring it home to her. I think my grandmother really enjoyed her 2 hour pampering session. She deserved every minute spent relaxing.

Everyone else watched football and played cards while she enjoyed her special treatment... and the ladies of the family were lining up waiting for their turn. LOL.

It's times like this that make me realize how truly special our family is. They're amazing, beautiful, loving people who enjoy being together. I wish everyone could have made it, but it's just not possible.

But I'm thankful that we had each other and we will always have the memory of tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment